It looks like I forgot to post the first assignment, so here’s both.
First 3D Model:
For our first Maya assignment I decided to make an auxiliary cord connector. I thought it would be a cool shape to work with but with my limited Maya experience it ended up looking like this:
It sorta kinda looks like one but not really at all. So I decided to watch a bunch of Maya videos on Lynda and try again:
and now it actually looks like one. Thank you guy with soothing voice on Lynda.com.
Midterm Project Progress:
For the midterm I wanted to make a deer head. I chose this mainly because I think antlers look really cool, so it was narrowed down to a deer or moose. I had to start over a few times but each time things start to look a bit better.
I’m going to keep working on this and hopefully it will turn out well. Now that Maya isn’t as confusing as it was before, success may be possible. I will post another update with sketches and screenshots.
Depending on how this goes, the deer may or may not be turned into a cyborg. Tune in next week.